Sunday, December 30, 2012

KAYO of Swagg Kamp "Real Rap": Music with a message

Right now, as 2012 is drawing to a slow and steady close, I am reflecting on the "art" I have created and the dreams I have to succeed.  But, I know that I am not the only one.

Kayo of Swagg Kamp song "Real Rap" is a song about manning up and facing your adversities head on.  One of the things the world is missing from rap and hip hop in general is honest story telling.  Everybody has there own tale to tell.

In Real Rap, Kayo does not mince words.  Eloquently enough, he tells it like it is.  Probably another one of the best, I have heard coming out of Lake County, IL.  This is a lyricist that should not be slept on.

If you disagree or you want to shout out the group, leave your comments below. Listen and decide for yourself.  Is "real rap" making a comeback in 2013.  I know for me it is.

Happy New Year for Nogostreetbeat #2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment